Hi all, I have not used this blog in quite a while. However, I do blog still. I didn’t like the wordpress program, so I am now at http://blessedpagan.blogspot.com/ – I hope that you will follow me on over there. 🙂 Thanks, Bridgett
oops, gotta catch back up with this months blog challenge – here are august 11,10,9 all together….
Blog challenge day nine of August – A regret –
Just to let you know, it took me years to discover this one, or to admit to it anyway – but I truly regret not going to college straight after high school! Really, this would have been something very useful, not to mention dorm life may have done
some teaching as well!
Blog challenge day ten of August – Opening lines from 5 favorite books –
Are you sure you’re ready for this one? I may bore you, or I could very well make your mouth drop at my choices, considering they are so
very different than my choices in music 😛
1. “Devotion can be lethal.” ha ha ha – sorry, just had to add that one because it’s my own book!! “Lethal Devotion by Bridgett Trejo” available on amazon!
2. “I am dying. Or rather, about to die – there is a slight (though unconsoling) difference. It is this: the dying can no longer write letters, whereas those about to die
can and sometimes do.” The Autobiography of Henry VIII:with notes by His Fool, Will Somers by Margaret George.
3. “In the deepest part of the night, when all the candles save one had been put out and everyone lay quiet, the
woman crossed silently to her desk and sat down. She put that one candle at her right hand, and spread out a piece of paper as slowly as possible across the desktop,
so as to make no noise.” Mary Queen of Scots by Margaret George.
4. “I tell you, it is her!” “That such a strumpet would have the courage to return …. it is scandalous!” It had been years since Bess had been at court, and even longer since
she had walked this vast carpet-lined gallery leading to the King’s privy apartments.” The Queen’s Rival: In the court of Henry VIII by Diane Haeger.
5. “When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind; Paul Newman and a ride home.” The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton 😀 (bet you didn’t see that one coming!)
Blog challenge day eleven of August – Earliest Memory –
Now we are stretching back into my memory bank here! I better write this down before I am too old to remember it 😀
Nothing special, nothing great, just me at a very early age on my knees at the coffee table coloring a picture for my babysitter. She was really pretty, and a teenager.
I remember the steps beind me as well. When I bring back this memory to my mom, she says I was only two and it was our apartment that I was remembering. She couldn’t believe
that I could remember that far back. I had blondish red hair & it was tied into two pig tails at the sides. 😀
Blog challenge day eight of August – a guilty pleasure –
Say what? Hmmmm ….. what I want to say, and what I will say are WAY WAY different. Smiling like the devil here.
I’d have to say hot chocolate, I can’t help it – I love that stuff. Thank you Earth for providing cocoa beans.
Hi all – I have created a one of a kind Lenormand Deck and only 100 of them will be printed ever! They will be a complete surprise to you when you get them. All I will tell you about them is that they are up to date with the traditionalist views of the cards. And, you will love them! Here’s how you can get one –
Go Here and offer a donation to help me fund a trip that I want to take next year. It is a Magickal Tour of Ireland that will take me to all the magickal places of long ago, along with some of the most spiritual places on earth. I have never been out of the USA, and I am 35. I would be so happy if you could help make my dream a reality.
Blog challenge day seven of August – 5 songs that bring back memories –
Seriously?? Holy Crap – with the amount of love songs in the world, one could just vomit. But if I must –
1. Skid Row – 18 and life – reminds me of my first crush Beau, the typical bad boy.
2. The Eagles – Witchy woman- reminds me of my days in the broom closet 😀
3. Lynard Skynard – Free bird – reminds me of my best friend & love Paul – he died by freak accident at work May 31,2008 RIP
4. Janis Joplin – Mercedes benz – reminds me of my good friend Lindsay back home – she was a 60’s chic born in the wrong decade!
5, Alanis Morrisette – You oughtta know – reminds me of all the exes from my past, and me flipping them off. ha ha ha. Ok, so I was a bit rebellious, I have no shame 😀
Blog challenge day six of August – A favorite quote and why it’s special –
“If it were truly an eye for an eye, the world would then be blind!” Ghandi (I think)
Whenever I hear so called “Christian folk” say that someone deserves something & the bible says, “an eye for an eye.”
I totally get pissed! Seriously people, who has not been on the recieving end of this before? Did you do something bad, but feel that you atoned for it later? It’s a good thing they didn’t just decide to pop your eyeball out before the chance to make things right. I’m sure you’ve made more than two mistakes before too! – huh? Gheesh!
Blog challenge day five of August – something I wish that I did really well –
I totally wish that I could iceskate really well. When I was younger I could iceskate enough to stay on my feet, but
I never learned to really enjoy the process. Someday maybe. 😀
Oh wait …. can I change my answer? I want to play the guitar!